Andaman and Nicobar islands are nothing short of a paradise on Earth with its glistening beaches, tranquil landscape, exotic flora and fauna and mysterious sea lives. Due to its perfect blend of archaic elements and modernity, thrill and enchantment, hustle-bustle and peace, Andaman and Nicobar islands have for long dominated the tourism industry. Therefore, Andaman packages have seen a massive rise quite recently. Andaman love provides more than one exquisite Andaman honeymoon packages for Andaman and Nicobar that will surely make your first trip as a couple memorable.
AN OVERVIEW OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
A trip to the Andaman and Nicobar islands is famous all over the world due to its magnificent charm. The archipelago is located approximately 1,400 kms away from the east coast of India and comprises 572 islands out of which only 37 are inhabited. Port Blair, the capital city, functions as the focal point of the island. While most of the major places of attraction are located in the capital city, tourists will get a glimpse of sweet surprises throughout the place.
Baratang island also known as Ranchiwalas island has a long history. During the British Raj, a lot of locals in Ranchi converted to Christianity to avoid a political massacre. On realizing the worth of the forest cover at Baratang, the British officials decided to send a large group of population to Baratang to cultivate crops. This is how the island derived its name and is also one of the most famous.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT ON BARATANG ISLAND
The island is situated about 100 kms away from Port Blair and is a part of the North and Middle Andaman administration. It takes around a day to explore the island to its fullest. The main spots of interest are:
• MANGROVE FORESTS: Tourists can wander through the mangrove forests by taking a boat ride. The entire experience is soothing and fraught with exposure to nature.
• LIMESTONE CAVES: The limestone caves are naturally formed millions of years ago by the slow deposition of lime on the earth’s surface. Tourists visiting the caves will be taken on a scenic tour via a boat ride. The entire experience is exhilarating.
• MUD VOLCANOES: The mud volcanoes cover an entire area of 1000 to 2000 sq. meters. The entire site is filled with big craters owing to the volcanic eruptions that occurred last in 2003. The island is indeed a breathtaking spot for wanderers with a fetish for geographical formations.
HOW TO REACH BARATANG?
You may avail private taxis or local buses from Port Blair to reach the island or the government ferry services that run between Port Blair and Havelock. The ferries start from Phoenix Bay jetty at morning, tickets of which are always available.
• While visiting the island make sure not to tread into unknown territories or contact the tribal people.
• Children below the age of 10 must be kept away from the Mud Volcano for safety issues.
You must definitely try boating through the mangrove forests, limestone caves, indulge in bird watching, hiking and trekking. The beaches are mainly deserted and are ideal for visitors who prefer a calm atmosphere. The cuisines at the food outlets too are delectable.
JOLLY BUOY ISLAND
Jolly Buoy is a part of Mahatma Gandhi National Park and is famous for its rich biodiversity comprising mystic marine lives, corals and scenic beauty. The island serves the purpose of a very short getaway extending not even a day.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT ON JOLLY BUOY ISLAND
The best places to visit on Jolly Buoy island are:
• WANDOOR BEACH: Wandoor is located at a distance of only 1 km from Wandoor and is home to one of the richest marine biodiversities. Tourists can indulge in the leisure of the island or participate in swimming or even take a short trip to Alexandra island and Red Skin island situated nearby. You can also wait to witness one of the most breathtaking sunset views.
• CHIDIYA TAPU: Translated as “Sparrow Island”, Chidiya Tapu is located 10 kms from Jolly Buoy island and is a renowned sunset point. The place is famous for its natural beauty and verdant forests. It is home to myriad species of birds which makes it perfect for bird-watching. Apart from this tourists may enjoy water sport activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, deep sea-walking, pearl hunting and boating. You may also visit the Chidiya Tapu Biological park as a part of your itinerary.
• MUNDA PAHAD BEACH: Munda Pahad beach is located at a distance of only 10 kms from Jolly Buoy island. Visitors are strictly prohibited from entering the water as it is infested with crocodiles. You may spend your leisurely time at sunset point and relaxing on the beach. The water is strictly closed for the visitors.
HOW TO REACH JOLLY BUOY ISLAND?
In order to reach the island, you have to avail ferry services from Wandoor jetty. To reach the jetty, you need to hire a local taxi or catch the morning bus from Aberdeen Bazaar that reaches Wandoor jetty in only an hour.
• Jolly Buoy island is a no-plastic zone. Do not carry any form of plastic materials with you.
• Taking shells without permission from the Fisheries Department is a punishable offense.
Jolly Buoy island is a little hub of calmness and is a must-visit.
Lying towards the south of Jolly Buoy and spreading over an area of 730 sq. kms, Little Andaman is the fourth largest island of the Andaman archipelago. It is also known as Gaubolambe in the native language and Ebu Belong after the native residents. The island is revered mainly for its extensive rainforest and rare species of marine turtles. If you trek through the forests then you may also bump into some breathtaking waterfalls.
FUN ACTIVITIES ON LITTLE ANDAMAN
• ELEPHANT SAFARI: Elephant Safari is a famous activity on the island. Sheltering over 30 elephants for this very purpose, the authority has constructed a camp for the calves which is open to visitors. Elephant lumbering activities are also held in the forest.
• WATER SPORT ACTIVITIES: The island hosts a plethora of water sport activities including scuba diving, snorkeling, and glass-bottom boat ride. Any marine life enthusiast will be exposed to the myriad coral reefs and the variegated flora and fauna. The island is also famous for its captivating sunset views.
HOW TO REACH LITTLE ANDAMAN?
The daily government ferry services that connect Port Blair to Hut Bay in Little Andaman are the best means of transportation to the island. However, the ferry rides are a bit tedious as it can take 6 to 8 hours to reach the island. Private helicopter services are also available to reach the Little island which will take up to an hour from Port Blair.
• The island needs a permit to visit.
• Proper equipment for trekking are required
• Be careful of crocodiles.
• Camping and entering the sea under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Rest assured, this place is nothing short of an escapade and must be included in your travel itinerary.
Located about 135 kms northeast of Port Blair, Barren island is the only active volcano in India situated at the intersection of the Indian and Burmese plates. The volcano is 1.8 million years old. The island is adorned with colorful corals, sponges and sea anemones that make it ideal for underwater diving. Large marine creatures like manta rays, turtles and reef sharks can also be visible.
HOW TO REACH BARREN ISLAND?
The island is situated 139 kms away from Port Blair. Tourists have to avail ships that leave from Phoenix Bay jetty three times a week.
• The island is uninhabited and no visitor is allowed to step on the island.
• The unpredictable and inevitable nature of the volcanic eruptions make it mandatory for the tourists to stay on board and not land on the shore.
The island is replete with some of the most picturesque sights of tourist attraction and visitors must include this particular destination in their Andaman package for a trip to Andaman and Nicobar islands.
The above-mentioned islands are the most ideal for newlywed couples. Do not forget to include all these alluring destinations in your package. Andaman Love includes all these places in their Andaman honeymoon packages which are designed solely to render your Andaman tour unforgettable. So hurry up and contact Andaman Love (www.andamanlove.com) today to visit some of the most ethereal destinations in the Indian subcontinent.